We’re back with another round of our Draco Malfoy quotes, taking a look at the seventh and final Harry Potter installment – The Deathly Hallows! (If you haven’t already be sure to check out 35 Draco quotes from the Half-Blood Prince here).
RELATED: Can You Pass This Draco Malfoy Quiz?
There’s certainly a lot to be said for the many fans who champion Draco’s cause or who are at least sympathetic to his plight. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows brings a stark reality into focus for all of the Malfoy’s; rather than re-establishing their standing within the Death Eater ranks (after many failures), they are subjected to complete ridicule and utter shame. It goes without saying of course that Draco is a true Slytherin through and through, possessing an abundance of natural deceit and malice, but we do have to wonder who he would have been without growing up in a household that revered the Dark Arts and sought a return of Lord Voldemort.
In the previous book (and movie) we start to see the outlines of a skilled and gifted wizard develop. He was able to employ Occlumency to shield his mind and also successfully used the Protean Charm (which Hermione inspired) to secretly communicate with his accomplice Madam Rosmerta. In both cases, these are advanced feats of magic. Yet a mere few months into the future, any continued development all but appears to have been stunted as he lives in constant fear for his life.
Regardless of where you stand on Draco’s redemption and character, here are 10 of his best quotes from book 7:
- “Stand back. Line up against the back wall. Don’t try anything, or I’ll kill you!”
- “That’s my wand you’re holding, Potter”
- “I virtually lived in the Room of Hidden Things all last year”
- “If you wreck the room, you might bury this diadem thing!”
- “Potter came in here to get it”
- “The Dark Lord wants him alive”
- “Don’t kill him!
- “The door, get to the door, the door!”
- “What are you doing, what are you doing? The door’s that way!”
- “I’m Draco Malfoy, I’m Draco, I’m on your side!”