If you’re anything like us, then Christmas is a time to dust off your Harry Potter books and start binge watching through the movies (again). There’s just something about the magic of Hogwarts that brings everything to life!
RELATED: Can You Pass This Draco Malfoy Quiz?
In the spirit of the festivities and holiday season, here are 17 of our favorite Christmas quotes from Harry Potter.
- “Merry Christmas,” said Ron sleepily as Harry scrambled out of bed and pulled on his bathrobe. “You, too,” said Harry. “Will you look at this? I’ve got some presents!”
“What did you expect, turnips?” – Ron (Philosopher’s Stone)
- Oh, no, she’s made you a Weasley sweater. – Ron (Philosopher’s Stone)
- Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well. A Very Merry Christmas to you. – Albus Dumbledore’s note to Harry (Philosopher’s Stone)
- One can never have enough socks. Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books. – Albus Dumbledore (Philosopher’s Stone)
- Oy! Presents! – Ron (Prisoner of Azkaban)
- “Merry Christmas!” said Dumbledore as Harry, Ron, and Hermione approached the table. “As there are so few of us, it seemed foolish to use the House tables… Sit down, sit down!” – Albus Dumbledore (Prisoner of Azkaban)
- Dobby is only wanting to wish Harry Potter ‘Merry Christmas’ and bring him a present, sir! Harry Potter did say Dobby could come and see him sometimes, sir! – Dobby (Goblet of Fire)
- “Wow, Harry —” He had just opened Harry’s present, a Chudley Cannon hat. “Cool!” – Ron (Goblet of Fire)
- HAVE A VERY HARRY CHRISTMAS – The banner Dobby puts up in the Room of Requirement– Order of the Phoenix
- His heart swelled with happiness and relief, and he felt like joining in as they heard Sirius tramping past their door toward Buckbeak’s room, singing “God Rest Ye Merry, Hippogriffs” at the top of his voice. – Harry Potter (Order of the Phoenix)
- “Good haul this year,” he informed Harry through a cloud of paper. “Thanks for the Broom Compass, it’s excellent, beats Hermione’s — she’s got me a homework planner – Ron (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
- “I never promised Hermione anything,” Ron mumbled. “I mean, all right, I was going to go to Slughorn’s Christmas party with her, but she never said…just as friends…I’m a free agent… – Ron (Half-Blood Prince)
- It’s Christmas, and it’s not a crime to want to come to a party. Just this once, we’ll forget any punishment; you may stay, Draco. – Horace Slughorn (Half-Blood Prince
- And you’re not sitting with the prefects today, either. Christmas is a time for family. – George Weasley (Philosopher’s Stone)
- “Mistletoe,” said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry’s head. He jumped out from under it. “Good thinking,” said Luna seriously. “It’s often infested with nargles.” – Luna (Order of the Phoenix)
- “Harry, I think it’s Christmas Eve! – Hermione (Deathly Hallows)
- “Come one, cheer up, it’s nearly Christmas.” – Hagrid (Philosopher’s Stone)