The Wolf Of Wall Street announced itself with a big bang in 2013. Unapologetically brash, it gave us a 2 hour glimpse into the inner workings of Wall Street through the real life account of Jordan Belfort. Featuring what seemed like a never ending cocktail of drugs, booze and of course – the odd financial crime thrown in for good measure, this was one of the most entertaining movies of the year.
If you tend to just watch the first hour like we do and ignore the inevitable downfall then don’t worry – we’ve got your back. Check out 23 of the best and most ridiculous quotes from the movie below. Enjoy!
The Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes In this Article:
Best Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes
- Let me tell you something. There’s no nobility in poverty. I have been a rich man and I have been a poor man. And I choose rich every fuckin’ time! – Jordan Belfort
- Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers in this racket. – Mark Hanna
- My name is Jordan Belfort. I’m a former member of the middle class raised by two accountants in a tiny apartment in Bayside, Queens. The year I turned 26, as the head of my own brokerage firm, I made $49 million, which really pissed me off because it was three shy of a million a week. – Jordan Belfort
- It’s his first day on Wall Street. Give him time. – Mark Hanna
- On a daily basis I consume enough drugs to sedate Manhattan, Long Island, and Queens for a month. – Jordan Belfort
- [throwing money at the FBI agents] Fun coupons!
- I take Quaaludes 10-15 times a day for my “back pain”, Adderall to stay focused, Xanax to take the edge off, pot to mellow me out, cocaine to wake me back up again, and morphine… Well, because it’s awesome.
- The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.
- This right here is the land of opportunity. This is America. This is my home! The show goes on!
- The real question is this: was all this legal? Absolutely fucking not.
- They’re gonna need to send in the National Guard to take me out, cause I ain’t going nowhere!
- So you listen to me and you listen well. Are you behind on you credit card bills? Good, pick up the phone and start dialing! Is your landlord ready to evict you? Good! Pick up the phone and start dialing!
- You wanna know what money sounds like? Go to a trading floor on wall street.
- John, one thing I can promise you, even in this market, is that I never ask my clients to judge me on my winners. I ask them to judge me on my losers because I have so few.
- People say shit… I mean like, you married your cousin or some stupid shit.
- See those little black boxes? They’re called telephones. I’m gonna let you in on a little secret about these telephones. They’re not gonna dial themselves.
Donnie Azoff – Wall Of Wall Street Quotes
- You had a minute? And today, you needed to clean your fishbowl, today?
- Sweetheart, you have my money taped to your tits. Technically, you do work for me.
- You show me a pay stub for $72,000, I quit my job right now and work for you.
- I don’t wanna die, Jordan! I’ve done a lot of bad shit, I’m going to hell!
- On new issue day? On cocksucking motherfucking new issue day? This is what you do!
- Hey Paulie, what’s up? No, everything’s fine. Hey listen, I quit!
- Max Belfort: What kind of hooker takes credit cards?
Donnie Azoff: A rich one!